Friday 6 December 2013

Meditating on Psalm 139

I've enjoyed living in Psalm 139 over the last few weeks and trying to learn it.

I've also been attempting to mediate on it. No painful lotus position has been involved. Instead I've simply tried to reflect on it as I've tried to learn it. I've chewed it over in my mind. And I've returned again and again to the thoughts below:

O LORD, you have searched me 
and you know me. And yet you love me!
You know when I sit and when I rise; 
you perceive my thoughts from afar. And yet you love me!
You discern my going out and my lying down; 
you are familiar with all my ways. And yet you love me!
Before a word is on my tongue 
you know it completely, O LORD. And yet you love me!
You hem me in - behind and before; 
you have laid your hand upon me. Have surrounded me with your love. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain. That You love Me!