Monday 20 January 2014

Who am I?

Through Ephesians the Lord has been reminding us that the key to living for Him is to remember who we are.  Here's Miriam Jones reminding herself (in song) of who she is in Christ.

I am one of his disciples
I am one who bears his name
I am one of Satan’s rivals
I am one and I am unashamed 


I am an orphan made a daughter
I am a harlot made a wife
I’m a poor man called to dinner
I am a stranger recognized 

Oh I am the image of a hidden glory
Yes I am danced over died for willingly
Oh I am the keeper of a coming kingdom
and hallelujah I am home to coming King 

I am one of his defiers
I am one of his runaways
I have fought him to the wire
And I have cursed him to his face
But I am one who he has pardoned
I am one who knows his grace
Though the world my heart would harden
His love avows to keep it safe