Friday 14 February 2014

Stronger than the rushing wind

Having spent a substantial amount of time being nearly blown off my bike in the past couple of months, I have found one way of not resenting God for the weather - this song by Sovereign Grace, based on Romans 8:37-39, has been running around my head.  Check out the chorus:

Deeper than the rolling seas
Higher than the mountain peaks
Your love is all I need
Stronger than the rushing wind
Shattering the power of sin
Your love is all I need


Whilst working hard to cycle down a hill on Wednesday, I was also overwhelmed that Jesus' love is stronger than any of the strongest winds across the country in recent months - it has shattered the power of sin.  If I'm in any doubt of Jesus' love today, let the wind remind you of the strength of his love.