Monday 9 May 2016

Keller on Leviticus

Tim Keller has written a great article that responds to many of the questions we've been asking as we've been looking at Leviticus together - particularly the charge of inconsistency in which biblical commandments we seek to obey today. He ends with these words:
One way to respond to the charge of inconsistency may be to ask a counter-question: “Are you asking me to deny the very heart of my Christian beliefs?” If you are asked, “Why do you say that?” you could respond, “If I believe Jesus is the resurrected Son of God, I can’t follow all the ‘clean laws’ of diet and practice, and I can’t offer animal sacrifices. All that would be to deny the power of Christ’s death on the cross. And so those who really believe in Christ must follow some Old Testament texts and not others.”
Read the whole thing here.