Monday 23 November 2015

A Fruitful Life

A mediation on Galatians 5:16-24 
by L.-R. M. (Emmanuel Westbury) 

A fruitful life

Love Agape                            When you seek the best for others
                                                I see Christ in your eyes

Joy Chara                               When you rejoice at what makes His heart race
                                                I see Christ in your smile

Peace Eirene                          When you rest in His ways
                                                I see Christ in your mind

Patience Makrothumia          When you live not counting the time
                                                I see Christ in your goals

Kindness Chrestotes               When you extend yourself to others
                                                I see Christ in your hands

Goodness Agathosune            When you radiate virtue
                                                I see Christ in your outlook

Faithfulness Pistis                  When you’re in it for the long-haul
                                                I see Christ in your plans

Gentleness Prautes                 When you rule and balance who you are
                                                I see Christ in your spirit

Self-control Egkrateia            When you master thought, tongue and temple
                                                I see Christ in your desires

When you see the fruit and yearn for more,
Christ is at your core.


Listen to one of Sunday's sermons on Galatians 5:16-24 The Fruit of the Spirit